Portal and Whirly Cranes are the backbone of production for shipyards, bulk material ports and many others. These cranes often operate 24 hours a day supporting the vital production of our customers. Nidec-Avtron’s crane systems offer a safe and reliable approach to these systems. Our flexibility and ingenuity allow Nidec-Avtron to offer new systems and upgrades that can be tailored to any need.
Update Your Crane With Modern Controls.
Whirly and Portal Cranes are the backbone for work being done in shipyards and ports. These cranes can be decades old and still structurally sound. As age sets in, electrical components become obsolete, exposing the user to unwanted downtime and poor service. Whether you are upgrading or buying a new crane, Nidec-Avtron has the control system products to meet your needs.
- Digital DC drives that are well supported to offer our customers years of service life
- Upgrade to drives with the most advanced diagnostics to reduce troubleshooting time
- Drive hardware that is built for crane applications ensures our customers maximum crane uptime
- Prebuilt panels fit right where existing drives are located, reducing downtime needed to convert the system
Documented and Supported Programmable Logic Control
Most cranes come with a Programmable Logic Control system that is not well documented or supported. Nidec-Avtron’s Crane Team can provide a new PLC system that allows the port to take ownership of the crane system and reduce support and service costs.
- Replacing the outdated PLC system and I/O will eliminate downtime due to parts obsolescence and support
- Flexibility of Programmable Logic Controller platforms to utilize customer’s existing knowledge base and spare parts
- Well documented logic allows our customers to take ownership of their system and provide troubleshooting and support to reduce maintenance costs
Nidec-Avtron’s suite of diagnostic systems can help reduce downtime due to system and application troubleshooting. Our products are designed to work in conjunction with the drives and PLCs to provide the highest level of support for the crane. Nidec-Avtron offers a variety of platforms to meet most budgets.
- Graphical and real-time data assist the user to troubleshoot issues quickly, thereby reducing crane downtime
- Ease of navigation allows users of all skill levels to utilize the product and support the crane
- Crane diagnostics, alarms, warnings, trending and documentation allow the user to troubleshoot most problems in fifteen minutes or less
Click below to find out more!