Our vessel solutions improve ship performance, diagnostics, and reliability, resulting in the highest performing drive systems in the industry.
- Increase vessel reliability
- Improve supportability
Over the past 20 years, Nidec-Avtron has installed and upgraded digital drive systems on U. S. Coast Guard cutters, U. S. Army Corps of Engineers vessels, ferries, dredges, research vessels, OSVs, and crane ships. We specialize in rugged and reliable solutions for tough applications.
Deep Bench of Support
We have developed extensive application knowledge and experience to aid vessel operators with trouble-free propulsion, thruster, crane, and winch drive systems. We have a large installed base on vessels located throughout the world.
Ship Specific Solutions
We provide specific hardware solutions for any existing drive system including AC and DC drives, MG set field upgrades, digitally firing any existing analog drive, and providing remote diagnostic capability over Ethernet. Upgrades are tailored to the customer’s specific needs, reducing capital expense and shipyard time.
Electric Drive Upgrades for Vessels
- Eliminate obsolete electronics with supportable state of the art controls
- Adds remote diagnostic capability to provide help for faster troubleshooting
- Avtron drives are installed on ships worldwide
- Experienced Nidec-Avtron Engineering and Field Service staff provides a deep bench of support to your ship
Contact us for a free onsite survey or to discuss your vessel upgrade project.
Click below to find out more!