Department: Field Service Engineering
Location: Independence, OH
About Nidec Avtron:
Nidec-Avtron manufactures AC, DC and SR drive systems, a complete encoder product line from light mill duty to severe duty applications, including ATEX approved encoders for hazardous environments, and diagnostic and productivity software. In addition to selling highly reliable component products, we specialize in optimizing system performance and increasing customer productivity and profitability. The key markets Nidec-Avtron serves include: Cranes, Pulp/Paper, Mining, Metals, Marine, Oil and Gas, and Windpower.
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) will provide full customer support in all technical-related issues in connection with AC/DC drives, PLC, and HMI's for a variety of different industries including Pulp/Paper, Cranes, Mining, Metals, Marine, Oil and Gas, and Windpower.
The FSE will also be responsible for identifying the needs of the customer and, together with the customer, finding appropriate solutions (using either known or new technologies) for customer applications and promoting Nidec Avtron's technical portfolio to gain specific position and ultimately greater market share in the targeted region.
This individual will be the independent, customer-facing technical application engineer for a number of strategic accounts in the defined territory. This role requires a self-motivated, results-oriented professional with a strong technical aptitude and a passion to succeed.
Essential Job Functions
• Proactively identify and resolve engineering and manufacturing related issues and have a thorough understanding of AC/DC drives, PLC, and HMI's
• Troubleshoot and repair of AC and DC motor control systems in a variety of applications
• Analyze and provide alternate solutions to a problem and select the optimal solution
• Field design, commission, and implement new drive systems independently or as part of a team on larger projects
• Work closely with in-house engineers on project and functionality of drive systems
• Proactively interface and communicate with the customer to build and maintain strong relationships
• Organize and manage regular customer visits, calls and presentations with customers
• Provide telephone, email, and other support to customers and project engineers
• Evaluate current and prospective distributors in the area
• Maintain regular contact with assigned authorized distribution to promote and encourage the sale of Nidec Avtron products.
• Develop new opportunities in the geographic territory and optimize existing accounts through value added services, spare parts, upgrades, warranties, etc.
• Provide emergency field service for customers on an as needed basis
• Minimum of 2-year technical degree or military training, specifically electronics required
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology preferred
• Valid Driver's License required for driving to customer locations, either from airports or Cleveland home office
• Valid U.S. Government Security Clearance a plus
• Minimum of five (5) years prior experience in an industrial environment required
• Prior experience with PLC and HMI's required
• Prior experience with AC or DC drives a plus
• Experience trouble-shooting customer complaints and solving through coordinating efforts between several company departments
• Ability to work independently, resolve technical and manufacturing issues without detailed direction, and work as part of a team
• Ability to work within strict deadlines
• Capability to accurately and efficiently work on multiple projects
• Drive to achieve customer satisfaction
The above details describe the principle duties of an employee in this position, but are not to be construed as setting forth all the specific duties inherent in this job. Any employee is expected to perform other related duties when requested by their supervisor.
An employee is expected to observe and follow at all times the stated policies and operating procedures of the Company and to observe and follow all rules and practices of safety.
Nidec-Avtron is an equal opportunity employer. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package that includes insurance, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement. It is our policy to conduct a pre-employment drug screening and physicals.
Join our team to grow your career and contribute to Nidec's growing worldwide presence.
Submit resumes to:
Fax: (216) 236-0344